Saturday, August 2, 2014

Designing with the new 2014 Spring Collection from Nunn Designs

Earlier in July I was fortunate enough to win the Nunn Design 2014 Spring Collection from Beadaholique's blog "Strung Out".  The collection is awesome and full of beautiful pieces.  Since that time, I have been busy putting together a few designs. 
  


In these designs I used mixed metals, as well as, vintage and contemporary elements, with the exception of the earrings.

The bracelet is designed with the owl and feather focals.  I added vintage West Germany Ruby and Gray glass pieces, vintage Swarovski crystals, along with contemporary rosary bead strands.  I then made the hook and clasp by hammering and painting recycled aluminum wire.

The necklace clasp is designed using the twig ring and shaping the oak leaf to make the hook.  I really like the look of the pieces together and the use of the mixed metals.  I added a mix of vintage glass beads and vintage Swarovski crystals to draw your eye to the focal.  I riveted the butterfly to the feather and added a Swarovski flatback to the top of the rivet, which complimented the beads and added just the right amount of sparkle.

I hope you are inspired to create something beautiful!

Talk to you soon.

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment