Thursday, March 28, 2013

Vintaj Plum Orchard Progress

I have been working on my submission piece for the Vintaj "Plum Orchard" April Competition.  This one has been a lot of fun for me.  I love art history.  Some of my favorite's are van Gogh, Caravaggio, and Vermeer.  I was excited to see that van Gogh painted "Flower Plum Orchard" and it became the source of my inspiration.  I am still working on this piece a bit and am not certain if I will make some changes to it.  In this piece I have used Vintaj findings, silk material, vintaj glass rings, and mixed metals; I used a antiqued brass and a matte copper.  One of the things that I would have liked to do different is the picture.  I would keep the picture the same, but I would have coated the linen paper in a resin instead of sealing it in plastic.  It is too late to change it as I do not have the resin, but more so because the piece is riveted together. 

Submitted piece
In progress


No comments:

Post a Comment