Thursday, May 16, 2013

ABS May Challenge Submission "Transience"


This month's Art Bead Scene Blog challenge revolves around the floral still life of Dutch Baroque painter Ambrosius Bosschaert the Elder.  The painting is a beautiful still life of flowers in a vase sitting on a windowsill.  The painting has rich vibrant colors and interesting textures.  Paintings of that period usually had a religious them and spoke of the transience of life.  In the necklace I designed, I used a collage design, incorporating textures, shapes and colors.  I used a few different types of shells with varying shapes and colors.  I also incorporated a leaf and two keys.  One of the keys has a stamping of the word "Life".  I made the floral focal from a broken piece of china and I also made the green ceramic bead.  In one of the photos I placed the necklace in the shadow of a window frame, drawing from the inspiration of the still life on the windowsill.

http://www.artcyclopedia.org/art/ambrosius-bosschaert-vase.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment