Friday, July 5, 2013

Silver Swirls and Pearls

I enjoy reading other people's blogs.  One of the blogs that I follow had an article about spirals and she also created an Etsy "Treasury" about spirals.  When I think about spirals, I think about Robert Smithson's Spiral Jetty, Labyrinths, and Nautilus shells.  Spirals are also one of the oldest symbols and in some beliefs, they represent inner and outer consciousness, which I think is interesting.  I do not often design spirals into my jewelry, however, I guess if you consider coils similar to spirals - then perhaps I use them in my jewelry more often than I realize.  Today, as a bit of a change, I decided to design a pair of earrings with spirals. 




These earrings are made from aluminum wire that I formed, hammered, and then painted with Vintaj silver patina/ink.  I then added spirals of aluminum wire and cobalt blue glass beads.  In the center I added a silver coin pearl.  The ear wires are simple, hand-formed from stainless steel. 

I hope you are inspired to create something beautiful!



No comments:

Post a Comment