Tuesday, July 23, 2013

What Sets Your Jewelry Apart?

One of the questions I ask myself, as do many of you is, "what sets my jewelry apart from the other designers?"  I have read so many articles and posts about making your jewelry stand out.  I think your designs should speak volumes, but I also think attention to presentation detail should also say something about your jewelry.  I have learned the importance of shipping your treasures to the eagerly awaiting buyers in beautifully wrapped or taped boxes with brightly colored tissue, but what about presentation at craft fairs or boutiques?  When I go boutique or craft fair shopping, I am always drawn to the jewelry section (lol...), and besides the design of the piece, one of the first things I notice is the tag.  How does the tag represent the jewelry or the designer?  I find that I am more drawn to, and want to purchase more, the pieces with the colorful and professional looking tags.  So, I decided to make a change to how I present my pieces by making tags that are colorful, look professional, and say I took some time to pay attention to the details.  I took heavy-weight stiff cardstock, added eyelets, and beautiful cotton string to them.  They measures a little over 1/2 inch x a little over 1/4 inch, just the perfect size.

I also will be listing the tags on my findings site at purplefishclaybeads.etsy.com.  Currently, all of the tags have silver-tone eyelets.  They will be available for purchase @ $3.00 per pack of 25 (plus $3 shipping).  You can select any one of the eight colors of tags and match it with any one of the four colors in thread.  I will be adding more eyelet, thread, and cardstock colors in the future - otherwise if you have a specific color in mind, send me over and e-mail and I will be happy to work with you.   





 

No comments:

Post a Comment