Thursday, February 7, 2013

New Supplies Arrived in the Mail and Look What Happened

New Creations - Vintaj Permanent Ink and Swellegant - Looks Almost Iridescent.
New supplies arrived today.  I love when new supplies arrive; it means I get to play.  Above are some pendants and a cabochon I worked on today.  I started with a base of Swellegant Brass Coating and let it dry.  I then broke open the package of Vintaj Antique Window Permanent Ink and started layering, letting the layers dry in between coats.  I then sanded, added more - and finally added a dry brush coating of the Swellegant Brass coating.  I find this method gives an iridescent look to the pieces.  I then hand-buffed each piece and they are almost ready to list.  I wasn't sure I was going to like the butterfly as the layers were not working how I wanted them to, but now that it is done, I think it is my favorite and next in line is the abstract floral/star pendant. 

I think these pendants would look great on leather cord or even on a simple antiqued metal chain.  I would maybe add a charm and a bead or two to the floral/star pendant - or not.  For the butterfly, I would maybe add some wire-wrapped earthy beads, or dyed quartz to it to form the chain.  The floral cabochon would look great set in a bezel, with the bezel placed on top of an antiqued round filigree and using a simple chain, leather cord would also work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment