Friday, September 6, 2013

Ideas for Using Paper Garden Beads #2

I designed this lovely simple bracelet using a Paper Garden Bead, dyed jade, faceted quartz, vintage glass, and antiqued brass.  The bead has rich colors of red, pink, orange, and green - perfect for fall.

A few months ago I was fortunate enough to win Brandi Hussey's book "Understanding Color: Color Theory Made Easy".  It is an excellent book and if you like to work with color, I recommend it.  I also appreciate her e-mails of color palettes and her input of color theory on Art Bead Scene Blog.  In an attempt to show a little of what I learned, and certainly not to copy Brandi, I thought I would show you some of the colors I pulled from the bead and incorporated into the bracelet.  Let me know what you think. 



No comments:

Post a Comment