Monday, September 2, 2013

Round 2 - Paper Garden Floral Ephemera Beads

Isn't it funny when you become inspired and excited about a new body of work and before you know it hours and days have passed, and soon it takes over everything?   I absolutely love these beads and love making them.  I have a new batch ready so I will post them.  This batch is much more vibrant in color and also has more of the romantic vintage ephemera look that I have been working towards, plus, I think the photo lighting is better than the first batch.  These beads make great pendants or focal pieces and there is so much you can do with them.  They are very light weight and are 2.25 x 1" and a little over 1/8" thick.  If you click on the photo it will re-direct you to my Etsy page.  I have also been working on more ceramic/clay beads and have found a really pretty blue glaze.  I am hoping to have them available within the new few weeks.  I have not been working with the Yixing clay as of late and I am not sure why, guess I am not inspired to do so.  But I think the new beads and the stoneware beads are keeping me busy enough, plus my daughter has asked me to help her make fall hats for her shop.  I use to make my girls big floppy sun hats when they were little, my goodness seems like an eternity ago (thank goodness it is not...lol..)  Let me know what you think. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment