Monday, September 9, 2013

Art Bead Scene Blog Challenge for September "The Autumn"

Fall is my favorite time of year.  I love the colors in the changing leaves and the spicy musky smell of the woods as it prepares for a long winter.  Fall can also be so unpredictable; one day mother nature will offer you a bright sunny crisp day and the next will be blustery with a snow flake or two dancing among the rain drops.  At the same time, Fall is one of my least favorite seasons because I know winter is just around the corner and I dread the below zero weather that is all too common in the northern states.

Art Bead Scene Blog has another beautiful painting/inspiration for their monthly challenge.  It sort of reminds me of a vintage barkcloth.  The woman in the painting has a Rubenesque Dionysus look to her.   She's leaning back seductively as to be seducing Autumn into it's arrival.  I love the rich earthy colors in this piece and the predominant gold tone with contrasting colors of red and green.  Brandi Hussey added the color palette to this piece - I love the colors she has highlighted.  Heather Powers at Art Bead Scene Blog has posted a lovely detailed description of this painting and its artist on the site  www.artbeadscene.blogspot.com

I am not certain how I am going to approach the challenge this month.  I think there are a few directions I could go in.  I will keep you posted as I decide.   Let me know what you think.


Autumn from  "The Seasons (series)", 1896
Alphonse Mucha 
Oil on Panel
     

No comments:

Post a Comment