Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Mixed Media Part 2

The jar of leather pieces, that I wrote about in earlier blogs, has been quite the challenge and also a lot of fun.  In these next three pieces I used mostly metal and leather, but the earrings have a lot of different materials and I think they are my favorite. 





These earrings have a bohemian look to them.  I started with the warm caramel leather piece folded over and riveted together with Tierra Cast textured copper heish and rivets.  I then added a free-form wire wrapping of coconut heishi, golden freshwater pearls, and green sea glass.  I also added a multicolored Sari silk yarn and soft gray wool yarn.  I love the texture and lines - and the warm and cool earthy colors.
 



This necklace piece uses the warm caramel and a soft earthy gray leather pieces and gray leather cord.  I added Tierra Cast textured copper heishi and rivets as well as two textured copper beads, a few jump rings, and a Nunn Design copper branch.






This bracelet starts with a narrow brass cuff.  I then wove natural tone leather pieces onto the cuff and riveted the ends to the piece and closed it off by forming the cuff ends over.  Next, I wove and knotted red leather cord in between the leather pieces giving it a pop of color.

I will post these to ursyllabs.etsy.com by tomorrow afternoon sometime.  

No comments:

Post a Comment