Thursday, April 25, 2013

Golden Rays of Sunshine Inspired the creation of these two pieces.

It was so encouraging to feel the warmth of the sun shining through my studio window today.  I could not help but create something that reflected such cheerfulness.



This piece is designed to just slip over your head, there is no clasp.  It measures 38" in length.  In designing this necklace I wanted to select beads that reminded me of summer and fun.  I started with large sand colored porcelain beads, wire wrapped them to Mother of Pearl Shells in white and painted, coral orange quartz, and a blue stained-glass-window type bead.  The necklace is bright and cheerful.  I loved the mixed material beads of this piece.
 

This piece is also a mixed material piece.  The focal is a vintage filigree wrapped bead link riveted to a vintage filigree piece, which is also riveted to a bright yellow piece of leather.  I then added glass, mixed metals, and added Vintaj patina to it.  My favorite part of this bracelet is the focal.  I love the rhinestone and the coloring of the metals against the leather. 




No comments:

Post a Comment