Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Strung Out Blog by Beadaholique March/April Competition In Progress


Strung Out Blog has a competition for March-April.  Their inspiration evolves around the seasonal colors.  I really like the blue in this swatch.  I designed my piece around the blue, yellow, and green tones.  I used vintage filigree and vintage sugar beads that were made in Japan; I also incorporated glass pearls, brass chain coated Vintaj patina, and wrapped it in variegated silk.  I also chose a very detailed ring and toggle clasp.  My favorite parts of this piece are the filigree and the vintage Japan glass sugar beads - the beads are so beautiful and iridescent - they also have a bumpy texture.   I might make some changes to this piece - I just have not decided what needs to be changed - but it needs a little something...  :-)

** Unfortunately, I was forced to remove the comparison picture.  I am not sure why as I followed protocol....but so be it.  I am sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.


No comments:

Post a Comment